with the aim of preserving the natural basis of existence of all living creatures on our planet
Given the ever-increasing world population in conjunction with an increasing level of industrialization, global economic output is permanently on the rise but so too are the associated threats to our environment.
In this context the focus of the Grossmann Group is on water.
The vast majority of our planet is covered with water, but only a small percentage of it is fresh water. Water means life! More than ever, the responsible use of precious resources thus becomes the key to global development.
Natural resources are still becoming ever scarcer. Production processes are often very energy-intensive and the cost of extracting and transporting primary raw materials has risen sharply in recent years. Secondary raw materials, which include scrap metal among other things, are becoming more and more important since using them in the manufacture of many of our everyday products saves a great deal of energy and conserves resources.
In this sector too, we offer our customers the most innovative and the most cost-effective solutions. We are always striving to do everything in our power to protect our environment and existing resources and to look after them sustainably for future generations.
As one of the leading providers in these fields, Grossmann Group Technologies offers complete solutions – for you as well.
Grossmann Group with the strategic partners – world’s leading manufacturers – is home for the modern innovative knowledge, broadcast technical resources, and most comprehensive service solutions in water systems.
We cover all areas, from product water preparation to sewage treatment for municipal and industrial supplies.
We use the most modern methods and systems:
- Systems and equipment for chemical and physical water treatment
- Systems and equipment for biological water treatment
- Membrane Systems
- Demineralization systems
- Oily separation systems from open storage facilities
- Extraction of valuable resources from hazardous wastes and contaminated soils
- Vacuum drying
- Treatment of off-spec oil
- Sludge treatment
- Generation of electricity from biogas
- Vacuum Sewerage Systems
- Vacuum Sanitation Systems
- Chemical physical water treatment plants
- Biological waste water treatment plants (aerob and anaerob technologies, Aqualogic systems)
- Membrane systems (Ultrafiltration, Reverse osmosis)
- Ion-exchanger for demineralisation plants
- API separations systems
- Dissolved air flotation
- Sedimentation plants, dewatering and thickening systems
- Recovering of valuable resources of hazardous wastes and contaminated soils (Sludge-dewatering and vacuum dryer systems)
WWTP ArcelorMittal SA = Zero Effluent Discharge:
Due to the complex composition of, in particular, the coke oven waste water, a high-performance biology was installed, consisting of denitrification, COD elimination and subsequent nitrification.
By feeding back a part of nitrification effluent into denitrification we dilute high ammonium concentrations and increase N reduction.
This type of installation results in a nitrogen reduction of > 80%.
The biologically clarified waste water is subsequently treated for hardness with cold lime softening and suspended solids by gravel filter and ultrafiltration.
The final step, reverse osmosis, produces permeate in drinking water quality which is returned to production.
The RO concentrate is also recovered in an evaporation and crystallization plant, so that the entire purification process exclusively discharges solids from the sludge treatment of the biological effluents and the crystallization residues from the evaporator plant.
Basic parameters for design of WWTP
- Flowrate of waste water in m³/h (peaks and average)
- Temperature of waste water in °C (peaks and average)
- Concentration of TOC, COD, BOD, NH4 in mg/l (peaks and average)
- Concentration of free organic carbon in mg/l
- Concentration of other loadings i.e. heavy metals in mg/l
- Source of waste water (seperately if different sources are mixed)